Thursday, April 10, 2014

Homemade Taco Seasoning

Today's recipe is a super simple taco seasoning recipe.  I love this mix and make it in big batches.  I also use the taco seasoning in a lot of my recipes like my Quinoa Taco Meat. I buy my spices in bulk from my local co-op so they are always organic and then my taco seasoning doesn't have any of the weird stuff in that a normal taco seasoning packet would have in it.  I would share all the scary details of what is in that taco seasoning packet you buy from the store, but I wouldn't want to scare you or guilt you into making your own.  I'll just leave it at this read your ingredients - if you don't recognize an ingredient it probably doesn't belong in your body - enough said - I'm off my soap box now!


Here is the recipe and this is my bulk recipe so cut it down if you don't want to make a mason jars worth of taco seasoning!

Ingredients:
-1 cup chili powder
-1/2 cup onion powder
- 1/4 cup cumin
- 1/4 cup garlic salt
-1/4 cup paprika

Directions:
Mix it all together and store in an air tight container.  Thats it!  Isn't that simple!

Another one of my favorite ways to use this Taco Seasonings is to make a salad dressing with it.  Mix 6 T of olive oil 4 T of balsamic vinegar and 2 T of the Taco Seasoning together.  I use this on my taco salad. I'll post a recipe for my taco salad soon!

Hope you enjoy the seasoning!  What yummy creative things do you do with your homemade taco seasonings?

No comments :

Post a Comment