Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Mango Salsa


Well, here in Texas it's starting to feel like summer.  We had a high of 91 yesterday!  With this summer heat comes my need for all things summer tasting which include my homemade blended strawberry lemon-aid (recipe coming soon on this one!) and of course my homemade mango salsa!  Mangos and I have  a sweet love affair all summer long and I simply can't get enough of them.

Here is my delicious Mango Salsa Recipe:
  • 1 large mango (or 2 small mangos) skinned and diced small
  • 1 can of black beans - washed and drained
  • 1 cup of corn (can be canned or frozen, just drain the juice if it is canned)
  • 1 red bell pepper - chopped small
  • 1/2 purple onion - chopped small
  • Bundle of Cilantro - chopped small
  • 1 tsp. lime juice (or more to your liking!)
  • 1 tsp. garlic salt (or more to your liking!)
Directions:
  • Chop and prep everything then mix it all together!  
  • Devour with tortilla chips or eat with tacos, it's great with mahi mahi fish too!

No comments :

Post a Comment