Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Citrus Salad Dressing


 I have been on a major fresh salad dressing kick so get ready for a few yummy salad dressing recipes.  With the hot weather salad is about the only thing I can stomach right now so I've been getting creative with making my own salad dressings - something I've never done before but so far everything I've tried has turned out great.

This recipe is for a citrus salad dressing.  I made my dressing with limes but it would taste equally as good with lemons or maybe even a really strong orange.

Here are the ingredients and then I'll go through step by step on directions!
- 4 T Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar
- 4 T fresh lime lemon or orange juice
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro (if you are putting this in a blender you don't need to chop)
- 4 T raw honey (you can use regular honey but raw honey is SO much better for you and tastes way better!)
- 1 t sea salt
-1/2 t fresh cracked pepper
-1/2 cup Braggs olive oil (I've also used coconut oil and it's turned out great)
-1/2 t fresh or dried oregano

Directions
Put all ingredients into a blender (or use a submersion hand blender)




Mix in the blender till everything seems smooth and serve.  I served mine with this salad and my husband said it was the best salad he has ever had!  Wahoo!
My salad is a mixed greens with onions, corn, black beans, carrots, avocado, red peppers, and cucumber!  This dressing is so good you could use it with just about anything though!  This is just what I had in my fridge on the day I made the dressing!

Hope you like the recipe!








No comments :

Post a Comment