Sunday, May 26, 2013

Let the blog begin!

After a very long time off from writing and blogging it's time to start again
A little about me - married to my high school sweetheart, Ben for 12 years.
We have 3 amazing kids (2 girls and a boy they are 10, 8, and 6) and are in the very beginning process of adoption (more to come on that I'm sure in the months ahead!)

After saying over and over and over that I would never be a homeschool mom - I am indeed a homeschool mom and I LOVE it (of course!)
 I have also completely overhauled my families life when it comes to our spending and dietary choices.  2 years ago my kids were in public school, I was driving through Starbucks at least once a day and when my cup ran out I'd switch to Dr. Pepper (not joking)

We hit fast food restaurants like my son hits his sisters with light sabers, and that room in the house that has a stove and fridge was hardly used.
Now our life looks pretty different - my rule is don't eat it if you don't make it from scratch - WOW I've learned a lot through this process and failed miserably a few times too! (homemade cheese its not so good, in case your wondering) I make all of our cleaning products, I love repurposing things, and antique shopping too.


I have chickens in our little suburb home,
 a lab, a yorkie and a tortoise named Spike (I'll happily admit the hamsters just died and I faked I was sad to my kids but on the inside I was singing hallelujah).

We only eat local and organic food, juice, have a huge garden in my super small yard and I continue to threaten to rip the grass out of both the front and backyard to make space for gardening - but I have not convinced Ben this is a good idea . . . YET!  

So my prayer in this blog is simply to share with you things I've learned a long the way.  From cooking, to cleaning products, to homeschooling - I've learned a lot and am still learning every day. What fun is life if you aren't learning something new and I hope that that this can be a place you can learn something - a great recipes or tip, laugh along with me at my failures and short comings, and if nothing else you can read my blog to make yourself feel more normal.
It's my life, weird as it is, I love it and I hope you enjoy some of it too!  Thanks for reading!
jen

No comments :

Post a Comment