Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Summer Broccoli Salad

Hi Friends,
I love sharing healthy and delicious recipes with you and todays recipe is one of my favorite summer salads to make.  My recipe is a fun twist on a broccoli salad (except without the unhealthy mayo!)  This makes a deliciously light side dish for a summer barbecue or can be a tasty lunch by itself.  

I also appreciate this broccoli salad because it is packed with iron, something I'm always looking to keep naturally boosted and high in my system.

Ingredients:
  • 1 large head of raw broccoli chopped small
  • 4 stocks of celery chopped
  • 1/4 cup of sunflower seeds
  • 1/4 cup of raisins
  • 1/4 cup chopped purple onion
  • 1 lemon
  • 1 tsp garlic salt
  • 2 Tbs Coconut or Olive Oil


Directions:
  • Add chopped broccoli, celery, and purple onion to bowl.  
  • Mix in sunflower seeds, raisins, coconut or olive oil and garlic salt
  • Squeeze juice of lemon over salad and mix
  •  For a little extra lemon kick I love to put 1 tsp of the fresh lemon zest into the salad too! (I love lemon!)
  • Chill for about an hour in fridge so the broccoli soaks up all the delicious flavors
  • Eat and Enjoy! 

No comments :

Post a Comment